4.27.2013

Calico Ghost Town

So basically I wanna live in a western.

This past Monday me and my friend Alison were like..."Hey let's blindly point to a map of Southern Cali. And then let's go to the place we end up pointing to. Today."

So we did.

We ended up in Calico Ghost Town which is just a precious little western town.


I didn't realize that it was actually like a thing. I thought it would be a little town that we would just drive through and I would be back in time for lunch. But no. ITS LIKE A THING THAT PEOPLE GO TO.

It costs $14 to get in (well worth it) and you can LITERALLY ROAM AROUND A LITTLE WESTERN TOWN AND DO WHAT THE WESTERNERS DO.

We:
Panned for Gold (seriously)
Drank Lemonade on a big wrap around porch while rocking on rocking chairs (why wouldn't you do that?)
Toured a real silver mine
ANDDDDD got fudge from our new BFF Patty at the Sweet Shoppe. (TDF. To. Die. For.)


It was JUST the best day of my life. And now I'm devastated because I don't ACTUALLY live in a western town.

(Also. PS. Get excited because we filmed this entire trip. And Alison and I are hilar when we're together)