11.06.2011

Salome

**Ahem** . . . **AHHH-HEMM** I would like everyone to take note that this is INDEED my second post of the week! Awww yeahhhhh TOLD YOU I would do it! Yess!

Ok time for a disclaimer:

~THE FOLLOWING POST MAY CONTAIN "TRUE BLOOD"
SPOILERS! IF YOU ARE A FAN STOP. READING. NOW. ~

You GUYS! Guys. I was given one of the hardest scenes ever to do for acting class this past week. Seriously. It was from True Blood to play an ancient Vampire named Salome. As in THE Salome from the bible. Dark haired with dark features, exotic looking, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and /or African. An ancient vampire who is a world class seductress and fiercely intelligent. She also has quite a lot of madness in her. She is the most powerful person in every way yet capable of hiding this power when it serves her purposes. Doesn't sound THAT hard right? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT TOO!

The thing that I discovered from the scene we were given is that she's basically an Evangelical Vampire (I just made that up) and fiercely believes that humans are animals and were put on the earth to feed US (the Vampires). The entire scene was basically her PREACHING about that! 

We were assigned the same scene AGAIN this week (oy) so we can all (and by "all" I mean the girls) find a strong enough substitution for her Intense Evangelical Vampire Beliefs. Since I'm NOT and Evangelical Vampire (and I doubt i'll ever be?) it's been tough for me. I love the scene. It reads REALLY well but MAN this is tough! Wish me luck? Yeah?! Awwww thanks! You guys are the bestest cyber friends evaa!

Oy! I'll let you know how it goes!