2.20.2017

La La Land


I just wanna be straight up with you guys.

I LOVED THIS GODDAMN MOVIE. LIKE, I BEYOND LOVED IT AND I THINK ABOUT IT DAILY.

So I'm not really sure why everyone is hating on it so hard?

These are some of the complaints that I've heard and my responses below. In caps. Like I'm yelling. Because I am.

Complaint #1
Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling have already been in a movie together. 

NO. THEY'VE BEEN IN TWO TOGETHER BEFORE THIS. AND YOU'RE WELCOME! THEIR CHEMISTRY IS BEYOND.

SHUT UP.

Complaint #2
It was like, kind of depressing.

YOU'RE RIGHT SIR. IT WAS. BECAUSE SOMETIMES LIFE IS DEPRESSING. AND THE ENDING WAS A PERFECT REPRESENTATION OF EVERYTHING WORKING OUT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO.

SHUT UP.

Complaint #3
Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling weren't very good singers and dancers. 

OHHHHH. MYYYYYY. GAWWWWDDDDD.

A) HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ABOUT MY BFF EMMA STONE THAT WAY. EMMA, YOU WERE FAB. I GOTCHU.

B) DUHHHH. ITS A MODERN MUSICAL. YOU'RE ALLOWED TO BREAK RULES AND BE DIFFERENT.

C) SHUT UP.

I've clearly been having a lot of feelings about this. But like...everyone is entitled to their own (wrong) opinion.

That's all I got. Bye.