8.13.2014

You're aware that I'm latin right?

Have I ever told you that? I'm actually predominantly Latin. I'm half on my Dad's side.

Richcreek tends to confuse people. My Dad was adopted by his stepdad so he took the last name Richcreek. But the family name on his side is Estrada.

So to be clear...

I HAVE LEGIT LATIN ESTRADA BLOOD RUNNING THROUGH MY VEINS. Just because my last name isn't overtly Mexican doesn't mean I don't have LEGIT LATIN ESTRADA BLOOD RUNNING THROUGH MY VEINS.

.......................

............

......

You're all probably wondering why I'm going off right now. I'm just a little bit irked by a couple of things. *smile*

Let me just say that I think Studios and Networks pushing for more diversity right now is FAN-TAS-TIC. I love it. It's great. I support it. BUT BECAUSE OF THAT you have a bunch of clever little actors (WHO AREN'T EVEN LATIN) running around changing their names on imdb (and ONLY imdb) to "Reyes"  or "Aguilera" or "Garcia" so they can be "Latin" enough to audition for those jobs.

**(I do however tip my hat to your cleverness) **

Then there's me with LEGIT LATIN ESTRADA BLOOD RUNNING THROUGH MY VEINS but with the last name Richcreek. SO all of a sudden I'm not "Latin" enough for those jobs. But Mr. Clever Garcia is.

Mmmmmmmm K. Makes sense.

I'm irritated by it. But I'm sure you've gathered that. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

Lilah (LEGIT LATIN BLOOD ESTRADA) Richcreek

*smile*